Sunday, October 08, 2006

Super Heroes

The last few weeks have had Randy & I feeling somewhat like super heroes.

No, no, no - we aren't donning any capes and playing any funky bedroom games. But, we've learned (at least in the mind of a two year old) that our kisses are enough to make things "all better". It is totally amazing to me how a pile of tears can turn into a smile when mommy or daddy kisses the owie. How the pain is apparently completely resolved with a little kiss. And, it's even cuter to see them kiss each other's owie - or kiss mommy & daddy's owies.

Is it too much to ask that I'll always be able to make things better for them with just a simple kiss?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Us too! I don't know how it happened. I love it.

Do yours make up fake boo boos just for kisses?

Stacy said...

Yes, lots of fake owies...especially if one has a real owie and needs a kiss, you can guarantee that the other one will have an owie as well.

I love it when they see an owie on one of us, and then they line up and each give us a kiss on our owie.

Please, please, please tell me that this lasts for at least 5 - 10 years.

Laurie said...

It's lasted at least a year here! And Anthony has, in the past few months, taken to walking up to me and saying, "I love you, Mommy. Let's have a kiss." THAT will slay you. It's coming!