Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dear Blog,

Umm...hi, it's me. I'm sorry, I haven't been neglecting you. You see, things have been busy. Really, really busy.

Remember that whole job thing? Well, I think I finally got it figured out. As much as we really didn't like the thought of moving, the opportunity is just too good to pass up. It really came down to the fact that I can't do this job in Kansas City. I would have to go back to a job in a related field, but with completely different hours and priorities. This job is fun, I enjoy the work, and I think I add value to the company.

The decision process wasn't easy. I took the advice of a friend who told me to "pray for roadblocks". That's what Randy & I did. At first, we saw many roadblocks. The company didn't want to pay me what I wanted for the move - that went away. We were concerned about selling our house and having two mortgage payments - the company allowed us not to move until after the house has sold. Randy's change in jobs - nearly every company he has applied to has expressed interest. We worried that my mom wouldn't be able to come visit, but she's had some health issues lately which will even prevent her from coming to see us in Kansas City.

Today is the day that we put the house on the market. This house was built from the ground up by Randy,I, and my family. I know no one else will appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears that went into this home. Will they appreciate all the little things that we did to make the home easier to live in? Will they know that the corner near our master bedroom door is where the kids have spent almost all of their timeouts over the last two years? Will they see the fact that the last two ballusters on our railing are different from the previous ten? Will they appreciate the cost or labor that went into building the playground and putting the rubber mulch underneath it? Will they realize how much the willow tree has grown from the small tree we planted six years ago? Will they know the Ash tree in the yard was planted for Tanner and the Maple for Morgan? Will they know the beautiful pink Crepe Mertle was planted in Angel Haley's memory?

And, as much as I know moving out of this house will be the third most difficult thing I've probably done, I'm kind of looking forward to the future, too.

3 comments:

geenalyn said...

i totally understand how hard it must be to be selling the home all your children's memories are in, let alone the home that you put all your blood sweat and tears into. I hope that the family that purchases such an amazing home will appreciate it.

You sound like you have quite the new adventure ahead of yourselves...and it sounds like its meant to be (what with all the roadblocks disappearing)

Liz Jimenez said...

Good luck to you! These kinds of changes can be so bittersweet. Even though you know it's the right decision for you and your family, you can't overlook the fact that you'll be leaving behind things you loved. But there is much excitement ahead, it sounds like!

Laurie said...

I know we've talked a lot...but I missed reading your blogs!

Smooches!