Well, while nothing is set in stone yet, I have agreed to go to Denver for 3 days to check out the locatin - cost of housing, daycare, etc - and see if we decide that our family is ready to relocate.
It's a difficult decision, but what really ties us to Kansas City is our home. Randy & I built this home with our blood, sweat, and tears - and leaving that behind is difficult. We have nearly two acres of land here - enough room to spread our legs, and lookout our window in the morning without having the neighbor waving at us. We have really good neighbors right now (except for Crazy George and his toothless bear) - friends for our kids to grow up with. Our home is close enough that my mom can still come visit for the day...since staying overnight isn't an option for her as a parapalegic.
Denver opens the door for more opportunities. Randy's sister is in Denver, and his parents are actually closer than they are to Kansas City. The cost of living is higher, but so are the salaries. It will be a tough decision, but now, it's mostly our decision to make.
And, on the flip side, if we don't move to Denver, the company needs me to go to Australia for 10 days. Anyone want to watch a set of three year old twins for two weeks?