Thursday, November 23, 2006

Where's the Beef?

My daughter has a way of keeping me on my toes. This week, she started out with pink eye - which kept her out of school on Monday. Then, she woke up with a fever on Tuesday morning - which drug out through the night. We even ended up in Urgent Care on Tuesday night because I was convinced she had a urinary tract infection.

We were slated to leave to go to my parent's house mid-day on Wednesday, and we debated what to do. With Tanner immunosuppresants, we've always asked others who are sick to stay away. And, the meal would not only include my cousin's three kids, it would include my very old and very frail grandparents.

But, when she woke up Wednesday morning, she seemed to be feeling better and the fever was gone - so we packed up the car & headed north to my parent's house.

But, she wasn't done. She started with a fever last night - and at 3 a.m. Thanksgiving morning, it was a little over 104 F. It got worse through the night - medication did little to help it. And, at 9 a.m. this morning, it was 104 F again. So, we threw everything in the van, and left before others began showing up. We were back at home only slightly more than 24 hours after we had originally left.

My Thanksgiving "feast" - a Wendy's single with a cup of chili.

What'd you have for Thanksgiving?

4 comments:

Billie said...

We had a cold... A yucky snotty coughing cold. And this morning Holland woke up with crusty eyes (a first for us), so I am guessing the cold is now in her eyes as well.

But we got lucky with Thanksgiving dinner. Even though we stayed home, John's dad and uncle brought us four big ole plates of leftovers from the big dinner. So we got to eat turkey after all:)

Laurie said...

OMG! How sad for Morgan! I hope she's doing MUCH better!

We had turducken (chicken in a duck in a turkey), dressing, stuffing, green beans, bread, a million pies...and a nap-less child who did NOT want to share. Yee-haw.

Laurie said...

OMG! How sad for Morgan! I hope she's doing MUCH better!

We had turducken (chicken in a duck in a turkey), dressing, stuffing, green beans, bread, a million pies...and a nap-less child who did NOT want to share. Yee-haw.

Stacy said...

Well - we had a mini-belated Thanksgiving dessert. Our most wonderful neighbor (remember the caramel apples) - brought us over a few slices of pumpkin pie tonight. She figured if we missed the main meal, we missed all the trimmings, too.

I love having a wonderful neighbor.