Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Creatures of Habit

Last night around 10 p.m., Tanner awoke from his sleep crying out. Oftentimes when he does this, it's because he's hungry. I figured this was the case since we had been cutting down their nighttime bottle.

I went in and got him so he wouldn't wake Morgan...as soon as I picked him up, his head landed on my shoulder and he snuggled in. It was obvious he didn't want milk - just a little love.

So, I rocked him and sang to him - gently rubbing his back. For the first time in months, I got to hold my sleeping baby...peaceful and beautiful.

Finally around 10:30, I put him back down in his bed. I didn't realize how much of a habbit our tuck-in routine is until I put him in bed - and half asleep, he still followed our normal routine.

As soon as he hit the mattress, he flipped over on his tummy, pulled his feet under his bottom, and then lifted his left arm so that I could stick nestle his babydoll in under his arm, and then tuck him in.

No comments: